Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Andromeda Urquilla Starry Night prompt response Blog#2


The details reveal that the nature of this image is keeping evil away from the good as well as a mysterious town full of secrets. It also reveals a feeling of sad emotions and some chill because the town is reclusive. The reason why I say this is because there is a hill on the right side and a black figure on the left side in which the town is in between both with no other town around. As you can see the town is quaint because it look like a camp and it isn’t a city meaning that the town is peaceful. It is also peaceful because there are no people walking around but they're awake because there is light inside of their houses. Probably because the people want to be alert in case evil comes to their town. These secrets make me interpret that it is the evil that the town doesn’t want to talk about because of trepidation.
            Another reason why I said it was a quaint town because it has a steeple and a church in which I interpret that everyone revolves around it. This reminded me of back in the days where the church had authority. I can also tell that the steeple is lined up with the black figure probably telling it that it has more power and it is the item that will protect them. The black figure that I interpret as the dark side or a burnt tree is a sign of evil because it’s a pariah to the entire town. Through these observations, the image represents that the good prevail over the evil and that the town people have fear and because of this they are wide awake at night as well as have a steeple that will protect them. It also means taking a risk by getting to know this evil side because they live by it and that they should establish peace. 

3 comments:

  1. Before reading your response I never thought of the painting as a battle between good and evil, but after looking at the image up close I started to question if the tree was actually so far away from the town because if you look the painting there is a house right next to the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your view because you open my eyes! View between good and evil puts a twist on the acclaimed serene painting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way you kept relating to what you found was the main idea.I also like the way you stayed on the main idea you found in the painting. I enjoyed the way you kept the read easy to read without any spelling mistakes. The way you made you point easy to understand and kept proving it. I like how you explained your reasons.

    ReplyDelete