What do you see? What do the details imply? What meaning can be drawn from this image?
When I examine the Salvador Dali picture I notice multiple and confusing details within this image. It is obvious that in the center of the artwork is a globe whcich somewhat resembles the shape of an egg. Within this globe is a man struggling to break free, pushing against the inside of the glober trying to escape. Above the the egg shapes globe is a cloth that looks like it once covered the egg and its unveiling it while a very frail dark woman point at the man trying to break out of the globe with a little boy hiding behind her legs. Many conclusions can be drawn from this mysterious image. I believe that with this idea of an egg, and a man trying to break free, with a cloth unveiling it and a woman pointing at it, the picture overall represents a form of revival. To me this picture shows that the world is restarting after a darker time. As I look at the background and analyze it, I notice a mountainous range, and the tone is very dark which enforces this restarting after a dark time in the world. I personally believe that the meaning of this image is the world starting over, this man is breaking out of the egg like globe, and the countries seem to be melting away. Honestly, this picture is very confusing and extremely mysterious and I do not know what to truly make of it, but from the details I gathered I had come up with this conclusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment