Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chelsea Perez_Notice and Focus method_draft 1


I think that this method is really helpful because I find that when I am first looking at something, it helps if I know how to approach it. If I do not then I feel scattered and confused about what I am supposed to be doing and what people want me to see. I think that I have been using parts of this method without realizing it because the steps feel similar to my own process.I like that identifying all the details is the first step because it allows me to take everything in about the material without trying to draw conclusions or interpretations. I feel sometimes that my brain just wants to make conclusions about what I see without allowing me to fully process all the details and I have to force my brain to slow down.
I think that following these steps allows me to draw better conclusions than if I were to make the conclusions right away. One of the things I do not think I did before or at least very well was prioritizing the details. I like to find importance in all the details rather than finding the ones that are most important. This whole method kind of makes me think about how a detective solves a crime. He does not just look at a crime scene and draw conclusions no matter how obvious it looks. He has to observe the evidence and the scene, then determine what is most important evidence, then make inferences and then draw conclusions based on the evidence. I think that this method is really helpful and will allow me to come to conclusions that have more evidence behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment