Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Caleb Konrad_Notice and Focus_Blog#1


               I think the notice and focus method is an effective way of interpreting an image. When first glancing at an image there is a ton to take in and I do agree that it is important to not immediately focus in on one thing. Our instincts will tell us to look at one key detail but it causes us to be single minded people. I think the notice and focus method will cause me to be more open minded. It forces us to notice every single detail in the image before discussing. Once we see all the details we can then start to analyze and depict what they mean.
               So far both of the images we have looked at instantly triggered confusion for me. There were many different details I had to take in and my mind doesn’t like chaos. By using this method it allowed me to see everything and even changed my perspective. My perspective on Starry Night changed at least five times throughout this process and I still don’t have a definitive stand on what exactly it means. I do wish to continue this process in the future and I think it will be important on impacting the way I interpret things. After seeing how the notice and focus method works out, I don’t think I will look at an image the same ever again. I’m glad this has happened to me and wants things like this to continue to happen throughout the class. It interests and intrigues me.

1 comment:

  1. Caleb,
    It's seems you have met a paradigm in your life! Congratz!
    Its interesting that you brought up the point of open mindedness and how we should broaden our perceptions. I think that's a crucial part of learning to analyze and interpret details.

    ReplyDelete