Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sucorah Berry_Homework#7_Blog #5 Ten on one method

                           What do you think of this method?

                The ten on one method I found very different ,but I thought it made the class relate more our personal lives and surroundings to try to find meaning in the text. The arbitrary number of the process is depicting the extent of looking at a detail and keep looking to find the meaning. I found this method similar to the Notice and Focus method because you are looking at specific details and trying to find the meanings. The difference is that with the Notice and Focus method you are working with a picture of some sort while with the ten on one method you are looking at some type of text to see the meanings behind the words. When utilizing the ten on one process your objective is to decipher what the author's diction actually means ,and the way the author had used words denotation to make their connotation. I felt this process was extensive but was that way to help the class think past the words on the page and more in dept. This method is very essential in analyzing every aspect of a text especially poems. I think this method helps provide you with the opportunity to see the text more open-minded. This method helps access a background and the purpose of the text. It helps you understand the text as a whole despite this method requires you to read each line separately to identify what each line ultimately means. The whole ten on one method will help obtain a more educated meaning in which you can prove with the actual lines.The extensive method helps you make your point of view on the text without missing any details that are presented through words and punctuation. It helped me find a meaning that I can use all words/phrases even the words/phrases I payed more attention to. The method helped me find personification and metaphors that otherwise I would have ignored. Without this method I would have seen the text as broad as possible and ignored some important symbols and ideas.

 

       

5 comments:

  1. Maggie Thomas_Homework #7_Blog #5_10 on 1 method
    With the ten on one method, I believe it was an interesting and well-developed method for looking at a text. In my opinion, it seems to work better than the Notice and Focus method. Although the Notice and Focus Method is mainly for images and finding meaning behind the collective details, the Ten to one method is mainly for text and finding meaning behind the words and lines. The first step of the Ten on One method is to understand the language in which the author uses’ in his text. Then the second and final step is to understand the authors’ reason for the meaning behind those words. I find this method to be easier and more efficient because there are fewer steps to follow. It also helps to understand the text better and to draw further meaning from it. By using this method, it forces you to look deeply into the meaning of the text. The thoughts that can be drawn from a text may continue for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I like how you provided details on what the method contains.

      Delete
  2. I like how listed out the step for the 10 on 1 method and how it helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the way you go through every step and you elaborate from there. pretty good.

    ReplyDelete