I will definitely find this useful because I'm quite a scatter-brained thinker.
I tend to go all crazy on analyzation and go down little rabbit holes.
This is a very stream-lined method of thinking and taking things apart.
Honestly, I found it difficult to implement at first with Starry Night because I'd just heard it for the first time and hadn't gotten used to the idea. After spending more time with it, however, I see how it simplifies taking the image to pieces and in manageable bits.
I'm not sure how I'll apply it to literature etc., but I'm eager to try.
It's like narrowing down ideas, themes, and all our observations like an upside-down triangle. I'm usually overwhelmed with about 1000 thoughts, and this process sets up a way to critically take them apart, and address them piece by piece, leaving only the ones that mean the most to me etc.
Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
I can relate with you because i tend to see a painting and not know what to focus on first. The notice and focus method helps me tame that response and focus only the little details first before i try to interpret the whole picture.
ReplyDelete