Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dayana Suncar: Notice and Focus Response


I am the type of person that is unable to focus on one object at a time. I always wander off and start thinking of something else. My mind is curious, so curious that I am unable to focus on one image.  I always tend to focus on what catches my eye first. With Starry Night, an array of emotions went through my head. First and foremost: frustration. When I first glanced at the image, there was so much to look at that I felt like my head was about to explode. Not only that, but I did not know what was going on. I am a very factual person – I rely on facts more than judgment because one is right all hours of the day, while the other can be changed whenever. It relieves stress a little bit being factual.
            This is when the story of the Notice and Focus and I begins. Because of this method, I now organize my thoughts a bit more. I first focus closely on what I found the most interesting, and make my way from there. Like with Starry Night, my attention focused on the texture of the photo because it was something my mind was not accustomed to. Then I worked my way across the image; focusing on the stars next, the black free spirit, the town, and the hills. This method allows me to become more focused and helps me just look at one thing. I’ve never been good at analyzing, but this method may work out for me in the long run and help me set my thoughts in order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment