Sunday, September 9, 2012

Georgie Exinord_Salvador Dali Response_Blog#4


Let Me Breathe!

I call this painting by Salvador Dali, Let Me Breathe. I title it as such because the man who is trying to emerge from the center of “earth” is fighting to be free. I can tell by the way he’s kicking and stretching his way out of the egg resembling globe, and the tension in his hands trying to hold a grip. Sickeningly, it reminds me of a near death experience I had when I was much younger- I almost drowned. At that moment all I could remember was trying to hold on to something or someone just dying to get air. Looking at this man fighting to get out and find his “air” reminded me of when I fought to grasp mine. So to me, this part of the image represents the journey to freedom. The woman and the child on the corner represents the few people that recognize the struggle. Similarly how today we see these well-respected actors in movies, and everyone wants to be them thinking it’s easy. But, only a few amount of people recognize those sleepless nights, endless rejections and tons of character research that allowed these lucky and hard-working actors to be successful. Finally, I see the things on top of this globe as veil of obstacles that gradually decrease each time this man is closer to breaking free. I feel that these things once covered the globe and thus the man considering the width of it. As each obstacle waned, the veil slowly dissolved and the man inside was closer to freedom


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you took the time out to be very descriptive and allow your ideas to be understanding. your title was very unique as well.

    ReplyDelete