Monday, September 10, 2012

DayanaSuncar_Homework#4_Blog#3_SalvadorDaliResponse


When I first glanced at this image, the first thing I noticed was the demented figure. I knew he was not "normal" or okay because of his body positioning. You could see he was struggling, because he had one leg pressed against the eggshell trying to come out. It was not working, because you could still see the outlining of his feet. Then there was the hand. It was not just peeking out. The arm also looked like it had struggled, as well as the legs. The movements of his body were too familiar. I've seen movements like that during exorcisms, and exorcisms are never good. The egg also has several continents on it. The egg seems to symbolize the world. Aside from the mysterious man and the egg, there is a female present and a child. A reason I can tell that this man is nota welcomed guest or was not expected is because the child seems terrified. She was using her mother as protection. The mother and child are not in every good condition. The mother’s bones are visible, and the face is droopy and frail. These people are not well. The location is very different from now. It seems prehistoric. There are no buildings and barely any people present. In the background, there are pyramids and other Unknown things. However, you can tell they are being built. It is like the beginning of civilization. If you look closely at the sky, there is an opening. It is half cement color and where there seems to be a rip it is a hazy orange yellow. It resembles the sunrise to me, and could mean a beginning is arising due to this mans arrival. If I had to give his image a name, it would be called "New Beginning", because that's what seems to be going on. That man is different from the woman and the child. They are darker than him, as well as a bit lighter than him. It's like he has a Job to do on the continents that were
Drawn on the egg. Another thing is human are not born in eggs. I know it
May signal new life, but I think maybe it also means a monster being born. The egg is thick; resembling eggs back in the times of the dinosaurs, which is why I believe this may have been set to take place at the beginning of civilization. 

1 comment:

  1. I like your balance of vocabulary and the way your view of the image went far.

    ReplyDelete