The Start of Something New
I see a man forcing his way out of an egg shaped world globe. I got the idea of an egg shaped world globe from the way there is a cracked egg shape present with landmasses on it similar to the Continents on a globe. The man hatching looks like to a chick being born. I see the man coming out of whats looks like North America possibly the United States. The hatching made me think of rebirth because the man hatching had a grown persons body. I see blood coming out of the crack in the egg shaped world globe that I implied was to show the mans struggle and pain to get reborn. I see the man has something tightly in its hand like it is trying to protect it. That something I think may be England since the United States and England are close affiliated with one another. I see a human in the far back of the globe in trying to keep distance because of fear of whats going on. The large sizes of South America and Africa on the globe made me think that the author did that to throw you off. I see a curtain above the globe which makes me think of hiding possibly hiding the truth. I see that the people in this image are very skinny like there starving. I see a adult and a child watching the man hatch. The adult I cannot decipher the sex but he/she is pointing to what is going on as in they want the child to pay attention. I see the child is holding on to the adult's knees and hiding behind her so I imply that the child is frightened. I see something very weird with the shadows because the child's is bigger than the adult even though the child is smaller. I think that this is describing what the child is going to have to go through. The meaning that can be drawn is that the America is protecting England after a horrible event. I also can draw that America is being reborn into a superpower to the world. I find that this painting is describing the United States during the time period between the end of World War 2 and the starting of the Cold War.
Hey you used the notice and focus method :) I agree with your summary about the man being reborn. The blood symbolizes his struggle and pain that's being inflicted on him while trying to escape. I agree with you about the child being afraid and frightened. The baby's shadow is larger than the adult which does symbolize the child's long future ahead of him. The new man must be in control of what the world will be like for all, especially the new generations.
ReplyDeleteYour re-birthing idea connects to mine!
ReplyDelete