Tiffany Cruz_Homework#4_Blog#3_Salvador Dali Responce
The Strength of a Woman.
In this image I see a variety of different aspects. For one I see a women standing on the right with a baby clinching onto her knees. For me she seems to have this sort of elegance to her by the way her hair is drapping from her ponytail. The man trying to escape the egg seems to be struggle. He is stretching out the egg and trying to break it more so he can escape. But the egg seems like it has more power than he does. The women is pointing at the egg I believe showing her young child its strength. Even though an egg may seem fragile and breakable it is the opposite in this painting. The egg is consuming the man so that he stays inside forever. I see this as a representation of the strength of women as if she is controlling the egg or another powerful women is controlling it. Showing that no men can betray the power of women. The women is graceful yet strong. This place is her home. America is her home and she wants to become stronger than it. Become stronger than anyother men. To me this piece is showing the power of women and how men should allow them to have this power.
This is a different perspective then I've heard, I like it because it takes a whole new approach to the image.
ReplyDeleteThis is very different and you really put your attention towards the women and her child giving me a much different idea of the painting
ReplyDeleteI like how your interpretation is very different from those I've read, but I especially like how you were able to pull a lot of meaning from the woman and her child and relate with it the other details in the painting to back up your thoughts.
ReplyDelete